ATTENTION! Starting from 2019, citizens of some countries have the opportunity to obtain an electronic visa to visit St. Petersburg in a simplified manner. Details are here: https://electronic-visa.kdmid.ru/spb_home_en.html
You may need a visa to come to Russia. If so, we will be glad to provide you with the standard supporting documents you may need.
Your request for visa support must be forwarded to us BEFORE September 15, 2021, due to the very long processing procedure.
Attention! We offer visa support only to authors of papers that have successfully passed the double-blind peer review stage.
A Russian visa is required for nationals of most countries. However, recently Russia established a visa-free regime with several European, Asian and South American countries. To check whether the visa-free regime is applicable in your case, please contact the Russian consulate in your country. Contact info is available here.
To obtain a Russian visa, you first need to obtain an invitation (visa support) issued by an authorized organization. Then you should take that invitation to the Russian consulate in your country in order to obtain an actual visa. The Russian visa support is not an invitation letter from a host in Russia; it is a legal document including the traveller’s passport information and travel information. The Russian visa invitation can only be obtained through an authorized agency.
Preparing an official invitation, approved by the Federal Migration Service takes a lot of time.
We kindly ask you to send us (to firstname.lastname@example.org) before September 1, 2021 your request with the following information:
- A scanned copy of the main page of your passport (travelling document).
- The planning dates of your stay in Russia (for example, FROM 20.11.2021 to 29.11.2021);
- The cities that you are planning to visit (if you are planning to visit not only St. Petersburg);
- The place of your birth (country, city);
- The place of your residence (country, city);
- The place where you are planning to apply for the Russian visa (country, city);
- The place of your employment (the name of the organization, postal address, your current position);
- Experience in the current position (in years)
- The prospective place of residence in St. Petersburg (for example, the name of the hotel)
- The postal address to send the ready invitation letter (when it will be prepared)